The Old Timers Clan

Go Back   The Old Timers Clan > Public > TF2 Trading

TF2 Trading Offering and Wanted posts for TF2 item trading. This forum is readable by the general public, even non-logged in users.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:14 PM   Top    #1
Foxy Psycho

Kill/Death Ratio: 0
Photo Albums
Default TF2 Warehouse?

Has anyone used this for buying and selling items? I really don't know how to buy and sell anything anymore because people all act like experts when I try and go to a trade server and do anything. Usually what ends up happening is everyone is either running around jokingly killing each other and not trading or they are completely uninterested and ignore me.

I have a bunch of items I want to get rid of so I can buy stuff that I actually want (like strange weapons). Any thoughts and opinions on it?

Also I have a Salvage 40 just sitting in my inventory loosing value (was $24 now it is 11.11) should I just open it or sell? If sell for how much?

Foxy Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:50 PM   Top    #2
Gwarsbane
Veteran Community Member

Photo Albums

I know of the warehouse I have not used it though.

As of the crate, my suggestion would be to put it up on the steam market place for the price you want and then just let it sit. It might take a bit, or it might sell soonish. There has been many spikes in price since April, some as high as 80 dollars, some as low as 8 cents. yes 8 cents (my guess people not paying attention to what they put it up for).

You could open it, but you have to consider your chances of getting at least something thats worth the price of the key you use.

Below is what you can find in the crate and what the chances are you will find it. From what I read, everything found in here are strange weapons. So look up their prices on the market place and consider what you paid for the key.

Holiday PunchHoliday Punch
19.80%
HuntsmanHuntsman
19.80%
WidowmakerWidowmaker
19.80%
MantreadsMantreads
19.80%
SapperSapper
19.80%
or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item!
1.00%
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:05 PM   Top    #3
Wolfeman

Photo Albums

1. Use Backpack.tf or tf2spreadsheet.traderempire.com to determine the value of your items.

2. Go on tf2outpost.com and search for them again. This will give you a better idea of what it's trading for.

3. Now place ads for your stuff (your stuff goes on the left and what you want for it goes on the right) with notes to explain better what you are trying to get.

4. Wait for people to respond to your ads or to add you as a friend to trade (don't forget to bump your ads back to the top every few hours when possible).

5. ???

6. Profit
Wolfeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:14 PM   Top    #4
deadbolt
[o-t] Clan Member

Photo Albums

Either open that crate or sell it to me. If it is something strange I already have I'll offer it to you.

Unfortunately the market seems to have degraded pricing of things quite a bit. They now allow vintage items to sell, but they are going cheap. Same with the trading cards for the beta. I sold a bunch and then like 3 days later went and rebought 2 full sets at almost 1/2 what I sold for. Basically sold high/bought low.

Seems the only way to really capitalize on the market is to put up new stuff right away BEFORE everyone else does. That way you can set a high price and snag the guy with money burning a hole in his pocket who just can't wait a few days for that shiney new pixel.

db
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:17 PM   Top    #5
deadbolt
[o-t] Clan Member

Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeman View Post
1. Use Backpack.tf or tf2spreadsheet.traderempire.com to determine the value of your items.

2. Go on tf2outpost.com and search for them again. This will give you a better idea of what it's trading for.

3. Now place ads for your stuff (your stuff goes on the left and what you want for it goes on the right) with notes to explain better what you are trying to get.

4. Wait for people to respond to your ads or to add you as a friend to trade (don't forget to bump your ads back to the top every few hours when possible).

5. ???

6. Profit
WATCH OUT FOR SCAMS!! Never give your items out to someone who says he "wants to try them out". Believe it or not, that happened to a friend of mine. It was that kid from the 666 clan who was the scammer, took the stuff then unfriended and blocked my friend.
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:26 PM   Top    #6
Foxy Psycho

Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
WATCH OUT FOR SCAMS!! Never give your items out to someone who says he "wants to try them out". Believe it or not, that happened to a friend of mine. It was that kid from the 666 clan who was the scammer, took the stuff then unfriended and blocked my friend.
Heh, I learned that scam back in 2003 when someone said they would cut my ruby I got while mining in runescape and he immediately logged.

I think I might do the warehouse because I have a lot of smaller value items and quite a few hats I want to get rid of an I don't want to have to deal with trading for money and then trading money for items. If any of you want anything in particular in my backpack just pm me and we can discuss. My overall goal is to hopefully acquire a strange medigun, flamethrower (backburner or regular), and minigun.
Foxy Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:30 AM   Top    #7
deadbolt
[o-t] Clan Member

Photo Albums

I might be able to help you on the stranges, ill pm you tonight.
db