PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those bad feelings about someone...

Gwarsbane
February 26th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Ok so tonight, I get added out of the blue by some guy named

{666} Jr buds
And just incase he changes his user name.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997727896

I have no idea who he is. Anyway he asked if I still play TF2. Seeing as how I've only recently let it start idling the guy doesn't know me.

He wanted to trade me for all my TF2 items. He offered Off-Road Drive and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Now the 3 biggest things I have are the Strange Machina, and 2 bills hats, though I do have 16 refined, 5 keys and The Lucky Shot. I'm sure I have a few other things in there.

I told him I would have to think about it cause I don't know what its all worth because I haven't added it all up.

He kept pushing and pushing and pushing. He really wanted to trade badly. When I looked at his account, he had a lot of hours in TF2, but almost nothing else. I couldn't see his inventory even though I was on his friends list. He even dropped everything TF2 to the bills, machina, 3 keys and all the metal for both games. He also had MW3 on his wishlist and didn't have the game.

He tried to initiate trade twice even after I told him I would have to think about it. He kept pushing for me to hurry up.

I finally told him, that I wouldn't do the deal because he was pushing far too much and something didn't feel right.

I eventually blocked him.

I should have saved the text from the exchange (why don't steam have text logs)

Anyway I'm posting this here I guess as a warning. Something just didn't feel right. He seemed to be trying to rush me, not give me time to think.

So just watch out in case he adds you.

IcedOne
February 26th, 2012, 11:43 AM
im fairly sure deadbolt knows him. I know DBs son was in their clan at one point

Not sure of his age, but just go with whatever you think is best. i know his father plays too

Sidenote: I wouldnt trade all that for those 2 games...

Gwarsbane
February 26th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Ya it seemed a little much for just those 2 games, thats why I wanted time to consider it. He just didn't seem to want to give me time.

Also considering that while I do haveOff-Road Drive on my wishlist, its low on there and I have read some bad stuff about it. Also I have no interest in COD: MW3 and I believe there was 66% off coupons for it.

deadbolt
February 26th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I DO know him, and his dad and mom. Small universe. Didn't know he was into trading. He's gotta be like 9 now.

Oh wait a minute here, I need to look his id up, dont think that is him.

deadbolt
February 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
That is him, thought it might have been his cousin using his account due to one of the aliases he has. I'd just leave him blocked. He's a kid and likely to give you more grief than you want/need.

db

Checked him on steamrep. Ya he has a few friends listed as scammers, knowing him, he is likely learning the scamming trade...
http://steamrep.com/index.php?id=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fpro files%2F76561197997727896

Gwarsbane
February 26th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the site.

Had a feeling the person was young, didn't think that young. And its sad that he might be getting into scamming people already.

I've removed him from my list, if he tries to add me again, I'll just block him and leave him blocked.

Wolfeman
February 26th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Ran into him in a trade server today. Didn't seem to aggressive or bad. Think I may have sold him a strange. He didn't even ask me about my Bills.

deadbolt
February 26th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the site.

Had a feeling the person was young, didn't think that young. And its sad that he might be getting into scamming people already.

I've removed him from my list, if he tries to add me again, I'll just block him and leave him blocked.

He's Canadian if that helps...:rolleyes:

aLLEYcAT
February 28th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Good to know, I keep getting requests to trade my drill hat... it gets annoying after a couple of times of telling them I'm not interested. Some will get it and leave me alone, but some are so annoyingly persistent offering all kinds of things, giving me sob stories that they want to give it to the girl they like, and offer me money. Pffft.. what are the chances I get another unusual like the drill hat, it only took me about 20 crates with tons of stupid paint, a few strange, and other stuff I already had. So good for you for not giving in.