PDA

View Full Version : Need advice, I found a Crate Series #30

Gwarsbane
February 10th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I found a Crate Series #30 Salvaged Mann Co. Supply Crate. From what I have read, you can get things out of it that are worth 5 to 10 keys (potentially more)

I have seen someone saying hes buying them at 6 keys each

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Salvaged_Mann_Co._Supply_Crate#Series_.2330_.E2.80 .93_Salvaged_Mann._Co_Supply_Crate

Weapons obtained from this crate will have the strange quality
Should I trade it, or chance one of the keys I have? I mean either way what ever I get I'm going to trade off but should I got for at least 6 key profit, or should I chance one and get a 4 to 9 key profit?

The more keys I have the faster I can take over the world!!! Or at least help along my plan that I'm working on. :)

Wolfeman
February 10th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Current market price for Crate 30 is 5 keys. If someone offers you 6 it's a good deal. You might maybe be able to get 7 if you really push it and get lucky.

Contents of Crate 30 and their selling price.
S. Ullapool Caber 5 Refined (2 keys)
S. Holy Mackerel 6 Refined
S. Gunslinger 7-8 Keys
S. Kritzkrieg 9 Keys
S. Machina 10 Keys

You stand a 19.8% chance of getting any item in the crate with an additional 1% chance of getting an unusual. So you stand a 60.4% chance of getting more than the crate is worth by unboxing and a 39.6% chance of losing out.

Feel lucky Punk? Well do you?

Gwarsbane
February 10th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Good advice, my luck isn't that great. lol

Goin up for sale then. eheh

deadbolt
February 10th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I found a Crate Series #30 Salvaged Mann Co. Supply Crate. From what I have read, you can get things out of it that are worth 5 to 10 keys (potentially more)

I have seen someone saying hes buying them at 6 keys each

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Salvaged_Mann_Co._Supply_Crate#Series_.2330_.E2.80 .93_Salvaged_Mann._Co_Supply_Crate
Should I trade it, or chance one of the keys I have? I mean either way what ever I get I'm going to trade off but should I got for at least 6 key profit, or should I chance one and get a 4 to 9 key profit?

The more keys I have the faster I can take over the world!!! Or at least help along my plan that I'm working on. :)

You want to give that there crate to your good buddy Deadbolt. You WANT to give that crate to your good buddy Deadbolt. You feel an overwhelming urge to purge this crate upon Deadbolt's rotting corpse. You will not be able to sleep until you surrender this cursed crate to Deadbolt.

Wait a minute here, is this a RECLAIMED crate or a normal one? You say it is reclaimed, but I thought the reclaimed crates started at around lvl 34?

Wolfeman
February 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM
A bills, now a crate 30. With the luck you've had finding stuff, you might want to open it.

I'd offer you 5 keys for it but if you've been offered 6 that's probably to low for you. Besides, I only have 3 keys since someone sold me a Bills.

Wolfeman
February 10th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Wait a minute here, is this a RECLAIMED crate or a normal one? You say it is reclaimed, but I thought the reclaimed crates started at around lvl 34?

Crate 30 is a salvaged crate. It's drop rate is very low and it has some very nice things in it.

No such thing as a reclaimed crate.

Gwarsbane
February 10th, 2012, 05:42 PM
You want to give that there crate to your good buddy Deadbolt. You WANT to give that crate to your good buddy Deadbolt. You feel an overwhelming urge to purge this crate upon Deadbolt's rotting corpse. You will not be able to sleep until you surrender this cursed crate to Deadbolt.

You're the one that first mentioned anything about this being a Reclaimed crate.

And would love to give this out, BUT I need it for my "master plan" to work. :)

Trust me, I know what I'm doing, just like when I have a molly in my hand in L4D2..... oh wait..... :D

Whiplash777
February 10th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Trust me, I know what I'm doing, just like when I have a molly in my hand in L4D2..... oh wait..... :D

Molly in hand ... 5 seconds later, teammates are on fire ... coincidence? I'll let you decide.
:D

Gwarsbane
February 11th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Crate sold. But it only produced a Strange Ullapool Caber :(

Wolfeman
February 11th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Hoping you got more out of it than 2 keys.

Maybe you should have opened it yourself.

Gwarsbane
February 11th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Hoping you got more out of it than 2 keys.

Maybe you should have opened it yourself.

ya I got more then 2 keys for it. But I feel bad for the guy that bought it from me and only got that item. :(

Wolfeman
February 11th, 2012, 11:13 AM
And that is exactly why so many people are against Valve for this form of gambling.

GrammatonCleric
February 11th, 2012, 11:48 AM
ya I got more then 2 keys for it. But I feel bad for the guy that bought it from me and only got that item. :(

He knew the risks.

You win some, you lose some. It's why I don't pay for keys.

deadbolt
February 12th, 2012, 02:36 PM
You're the one that first mentioned anything about this being a Reclaimed crate.

And would love to give this out, BUT I need it for my "master plan" to work. :)

Sorry, meant salvaged...

I opened a bunch of crates a while back, Jr. had given me a bunch of keys. (and I bought a couple, too...) I got nothing but strange fists, strange razorbacks, etc of which I now have a plethora. If anyone needs something strange, see me first.
db