PDA

View Full Version : (Offering) The Drizzles items

The Drizzle
October 4th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Pretty much any of these items are up for trade. The only one not for trade is the drill sargent hat.

backpack (http://www.tf2items.com/id/otdrizzle)

GrammatonCleric
October 4th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I would give you pretty much anything I have (http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197993521105) for the Vintage Tough Guy's Toque.

The Drizzle
October 4th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I would give you pretty much anything I have (http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197993521105) for the Vintage Tough Guy's Toque.

nothing there that I like, sorry

GrammatonCleric
October 4th, 2010, 01:31 PM
nothing there that I like, sorry
Awww. :(

The Drizzle
October 4th, 2010, 05:58 PM
If I can make a trade for a heavy hat, then I will trade you mine

The Drizzle
October 5th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I might get a ushanka later, but I would need a refined metal for the toque

The Drizzle
October 5th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I might get a ushanka later, but I would need a refined metal for the toque

i mean 2 refined metals. . .sorry

The Drizzle
October 5th, 2010, 03:20 PM
ok Gram, i can now trade the toque if you can get 2 refined metals

The Drizzle
October 5th, 2010, 04:23 PM
ok, gram. . .you are in luck, I will now trade for 2 reclaimed and 2 scrap

Turbo9000
October 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I have 2 football helmets (one vintage) if you wouldn't mind trading for one of your heavy hats or either of your medic hats.

The Drizzle
October 5th, 2010, 05:18 PM
not trading the medic hats and the toque is grammys if he still wants it.

GrammatonCleric
October 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM
not trading the medic hats and the toque is grammys if he still wants it.
I do, but it will take me a bit to get some metal. Luckily my 15 hour day streak ended on Sunday, so I should have some time this week and this weekend to get some items. :)

The Drizzle
October 5th, 2010, 05:44 PM
well apparently you can only get like 10 drops in a week lol

GrammatonCleric
October 5th, 2010, 05:57 PM
If that's true. Valve is lame.

Wolfeman
October 5th, 2010, 06:52 PM
It's been that way for a while. The changed it a while back to stop the idlers.

redbear
October 5th, 2010, 07:26 PM

couldn't agree with you more on that one...

It's been that way for a while. The changed it a while back to stop the idlers.

no. they did it to appease the whiners. the ilders were not complaining about the drop rate, the people who only got to play once a week were. so to shut them up, they put a cap on the amount - which is BS IMO.

jonesjulia
October 6th, 2010, 12:18 PM
no. they did it to appease the whiners. the ilders were not complaining about the drop rate, the people who only got to play once a week were. so to shut them up, they put a cap on the amount - which is BS IMO.

Now that Valve is actually using this as a source of income it doesn't bother me as much as when they first implemented it.

GrammatonCleric
October 6th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Now that Valve is actually using this as a source of income it doesn't bother me as much as when they first implemented it.
That's funny. It bothers me far more they are trying to maximize their income at the expense of a pleasurable experience in the game. More common item drops would be better to more players.

I have no issue with them wanting to penalize the idlers... but not dropping more than 1.3 a day per week... that's pretty damn lame.

Scuzzy
October 6th, 2010, 02:18 PM
That's funny. It bothers me far more they are trying to maximize their income at the expense of a pleasurable experience in the game. More common item drops would be better to more players.

I have no issue with them wanting to penalize the idlers... but not dropping more than 1.3 a day per week... that's pretty damn lame.

I personally get their point: We've been playing a game for 3 full years, tons of updates, and never paying an additional dime for them. The cost of their network and upkeep is enormous, if there are people addicted so much to playing they want to give up their money (by their own choice) to make it more pleasurable and give back to valve, more power to them. I'm sure there are people who are pissed that others pay to get a reserved slot in our servers, but we're doing the same thing, trying to cover our operating costs.

Scuzzy

jonesjulia
October 6th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Most of the weapons are still available by achievement. Maybe in the long run I might care if they introduce some gamebreaking weapon that I can't easily attain, but at the moment I have enough excess to craft anything I care to use when it's released.

I payed so little for TF2 that it really doesn't bug me that they've gone a little micro transactional.

GrammatonCleric
October 6th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I personally get their point: We've been playing a game for 3 full years, tons of updates, and never paying an additional dime for them. The cost of their network and upkeep is enormous, if there are people addicted so much to playing they want to give up their money (by their own choice) to make it more pleasurable and give back to valve, more power to them. I'm sure there are people who are pissed that others pay to get a reserved slot in our servers, but we're doing the same thing, trying to cover our operating costs.

Scuzzy
But we don't slow down/bottleneck non payers. We don't detract from their enjoyment, we just give extra benefits to payers.

We had a rate of say 2.5/day. Valve lowered the drop rate. Hats were already like a 1/1000 drop chance, so now instead of taking Months to get one randomly, it could be a year.

If their real goal was to limit the amount you'd get so idlers had no gain... they wouldn't cap it so low. They have reasonable ways to get money, lowering and capping the drop rate during legitimate play, shouldn't be one of them.

Turbo9000
October 6th, 2010, 07:11 PM
We don't detract from their enjoyment, we just give extra benefits to payers.
The way I see it, neither does Valve. Hats are purely cos... OK that's not true anymore. But at least they're going to add recipes for the set bonus hats.

And yeah, the item limit sucks. But they wanted to reduce idling and by the number of idle servers left I'd say they have.

The Drizzle
October 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM
personally I feel that all of these updates ruined the game. Game modes and maps is all they needed to do. . .so they turn it into WOW

The Drizzle
October 6th, 2010, 08:39 PM
The way I see it, neither does Valve. Hats are purely cos... OK that's not true anymore. But at least they're going to add recipes for the set bonus hats.

And yeah, the item limit sucks. But they wanted to reduce idling and by the number of idle servers left I'd say they have.

the reason there are no idle servers is becuase I can go to create server, click 2fort and let it sit at the welcome screen all night and get my weapons. You could idle offline since the engie update

GrammatonCleric
October 6th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Drizzle. I have acquired your demands. I would like to trade for the Tough Guy's Toque. :)

The Drizzle
October 7th, 2010, 07:43 AM
ok, i will be able to trade later this evening after work. Probably after 8pm est

IcedOne
October 8th, 2010, 09:16 AM
the reason there are no idle servers is becuase I can go to create server, click 2fort and let it sit at the welcome screen all night and get my weapons. You could idle offline since the engie update

I randomly found this the other day.
I loaded tf2 and went to do my crafting thing before i joined the server, so I dont upset Chanur:D

I craft something and it gives me another item right after....works for me! haha